Sandra Shackelford, local writer and visual artist, will guide you through the beginning steps of creative nonfiction writing or writing "true". This workshop will lead high school authors on the path of good, clear and "creative' storytelling. After this workshop, you'll:
* Learn how to give background on the nonfiction writing process and, in the process,
* Uncover the people, the moments, experiences and events that has shaped your life.
This workshop will focus on
* structuring true stories (beginnings, middles, ends),
* character and setting development, and
* diving beneath the story's surface by including the writer's thoughts and feelings.
Workshop participants are authors who are ages 14 to 18.